Frequently Asked Questions about our products

We are located just outside of Brandon, MB. In 2024, we will be moving to our new location 10 minutes south of Brandon across from the Lake Clementi Road.

Even though we do not offer shipping discounts, we always provide you with a 10% discount on orders of 5 lbs and more. The total price includes the shipping cost (depending on its destination), the actual cost of the product, the handling fees, and taxes (5% GST).

We usually ship worms from March to late October when the temperatures are still above 0. Some months the temperature will vary, so please contact us to receive more accurate information. Please note: we ship worms in cotton bags to allow more airflow during the shipping journey. If you order bait worms and need a Styrofoam container, please advise us.

No, they can’t.  These worms are meant to be inside all year around, however, they can be placed outdoors in a closed container only during warm months in a shaded area. They will not survive in the winter in an open garden either. 

In order to thrive, the worms need optimal conditions (oxygen, food, the right temperature, and moisture). The bin must have holes for the air flow; optimal temperature (between 12 and 25 degrees C), food should consist of 75% of carbon (dry leaves, shredded paper, straw, sawdust) and 25% of nitrogen (kitchen scraps, anything green, like fresh grass clippings). Do NOT overfeed your worms. If you place too much of “green,” worms may die from nitrogen poisoning. Finally, worms breathe through their skin; therefore, they must remain moist, but not wet in order to survive!

You will get roughly 200-250 worms (1/4 lbs)

You will get roughly 400-500 worms (1/2 lbs)

You will get roughly 800-1000 worms (1 lbs)

You will get roughly 150-200 worms (1/4 lbs)

You will get roughly 300-400 worms (1/2 lbs)

You will get roughly 600-800 worms (1 lbs)

This is one of the most frequently asked questions. If your bin has lots of fruit flies, do the following:

Remove rotten food from the bin when fruit flies are present;

-Tape or staple flypaper strips on the inside of the bin lid, and/or hang a strip near the bin;

-Create a fly trap to put in the bin;

-Place a whole sheet of newspaper on top of bin contents or cover it with shredded paper/burlap;

-Place the bin temporarily outside in the shaded area if the temperature allows that.

Worm castings are an organic fertilizer made by earthworms. Worm castings manure, also known as vermicompost, is simply earthworm excrement, often known as worm poo or worm poop. As composting worms (Red Wigglers) consume compost, their waste acts as an excellent soil enricher. We sell bags in 2 sizes: 11.3 kg or 25 lb and 4.5 kg or 10 lb. We can ship smaller bags, but if you would like larger quantity, please contact us to arrange other ways of transportation.

Yes, they are! They contain no artificial hormones, no pesticides, no corrosive chemicals. Not only are worm castings a 100% natural, environmentally friendly alternative to chemical fertilizers, they are considered by many gardeners as “nature’s perfect fertilizer”.

The ideal time to use worm castings is early spring as soon as the snow is gone. You need to repeat this process on a yearly basis. Use vegetable compost in the fall to fertilize your garden and get it ready for spring.

Our worm castings are not pasteurized, but they can be. The rule of thumb is to “keep it simple” when using castings and to buy natural, not sterilized, castings because sterilization and pasteurization would kill life in the soil. From us, you will be getting CERTIFIED worm castings, approved by CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency).

Every 2-3 months. Ideally, in the beginning of the planting season, then again in the fall.

You should store your worm castings in a labeled plastic bucket in your shed, greenhouse, or even garage. Worm castings can be stored outdoors and hold up well to freezing.

This fertilizer retains its “power” of shelf life within it, life must be maintained even if you store worm castings on a shelf. It only means that oxygen, humidity, and temperature remain constant from the start. With these things, “fresh” worm compost stays viable for up to three years or more! Do not store it under the direct sunlight.

There are lots of tea recipes online, but you may try this one:

-Fill the bucket with water (4.5 liters). Add the worm castings and the molasses. …

-Let the tea steep overnight (stir it to add airflow). It will be a dark brown color. …

-Pour some of the worm tea into your water can or spray bottle and dilute with water until it is a light brown color – the color of weak tea.

-Use immediately for best results.


Use it ONLY on plants!

Our green bins with garden soil are only for local delivery with Brandon area. Unfortunately, due to the weight (240 L), it would be extremely expensive to ship.

Shopping Cart
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop